New Client Information
As pet owners ourselves, we know that choosing a veterinarian for your pet is a thoughtful process. We believe our compassionate, courteous staff and our quality of medicine make us an outstanding choice. The Concord team is dedicated to providing exceptional veterinary care in a warm, caring environment. If you are still making your decision, please take a look at the top five reasons why we think you should choose Concord:
- As an AAHA accredited animal hospital, our clinic is among only 15% of animal hospitals nationwide to achieve commitment to the highest standard of veterinary care. We adhere to over 900 standards of patient care set by AAHA.
- Our current building, opened in 1995, was custom built to accommodate our patients’ needs, and we continuously update the facility with new technology to stay at the forefront of animal medicine.
- We tirelessly endeavor to make surgery as safe as possible for our patients through investing in new technology and adopting the latest surgical techniques. Our doctors are trained in both laser and radiosonic surgery, making procedures safer and minimizing postoperative pain.
- For advanced dental care, there is no need to go searching for a specialist. We recently updated our facility with a state-of-the-art dental unit, and we have Dr. Cornelia Porter on staff for advanced and referral dental and oral surgery needs.
- Our hospital satisfies more than just your veterinary needs! We provide on-site boarding, grooming, daycare, and canine training services.
When you are ready to schedule a visit, simply give us a call and our friendly receptionist team will make you an appointment with one of our experienced doctors. We are also happy to answer any questions you may have at this time!
What to Expect During Your Pet’s Visit
We’re already looking forward to meeting you and your pet! During your pet’s first visit, you can expect your veterinarian to conduct a thorough wellness exam. Performing this exam will help your veterinarian gain an understanding of your pet’s overall health. Please bring any medical records of your pet with you so that we can be aware of any pre-existing conditions.
Once we perform a complete wellness exam, we may suggest additional treatments depending on your pet’s age and condition. These include but are not limited to:
- Mandatory and recommended vaccines
- Blood work
- Parasite testing and preventative medicine
- Microchip implantation
- Professional dental cleaning
- Nutrition and exercise changes
- Socialization and training recommendations
Please feel free to ask your doctor any questions you have about your pet’s care. We are happy to explain any of these procedures or answer any concerns you may have.